Friday, January 28, 2011

A Night From Cooking



Well I did not have to cook last night, my lovely husband took me out to eat at Chili's! We had a gift card, and thought it would be a good time to use it. However, while I was there I realized that yet again I was let down by the Chili's food. I had the Chicken Fajitas...which on the 2 for $20 menu, this comes out to being a pretty good deal. However, as I bit into my second fajita, I soon realized that the only thing that I've ever truly enjoyed at Chili's, is going for Margharita's with the girls!

On the flip side, I was happy to not have to battle the kitchen for one night and that I didn't have a pile of dirty dishes to tend to!

However, oddly enough this morning I am finding myself a bit restless and really wanting to find something to create for dinner tonight! This is an odd fascination to me! I've gone from dreading stepping foot in the kitchen; scared of whatever concoction I destroy in there...to now being intrigued to see what I can learn next. Although, I think tonight we'll keep it simple, I'm still really wanting to cook up something!

So, tonight I believe (if the meat thaws in time), we will be making Tri-Tip on the grill and good 'ol Macaroni & Cheese! Jarrod has an incredible rub that he's created for the Tri-Tip, and we usually just use the simple KRAFT Mac 'n Cheese out of the box. I could make Mac 'n Cheese myself...many people have said in the past that they do like my mac 'n cheese (when I make it correctly), but why go through that level of effort when I really enjoy the KRAFT kind and it's so much less work?

No comments:

Post a Comment