Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Disappearance?

I know I haven't posted anything in a while, but I must confess I got into another lazy cooking spell!

Typically on my husbands weekend we eat out quite a bit, which is exactly what has been happening. As you read in my last post we went the Chili's. Well, Friday night we met up with a friend for TGI Fridays. Which I must say was a much better experience than our night at Chili's. My TGI Fridays experience started off with a yummy Mai Tai. Then my husband and I did the 2 for $20 deal (trust me these things really are deals!). We started off with potato skins (which 3 people sharing could barely finish). Then Jarrod had his grilled shrimp and I had chicken crispers. To top off our meal, TGI Fridays includes a dessert in their 2 for $20 meal. So, we had the banana split! Their banana splits are one of the best and we truly do enjoy it!
Saturday our food venture included Lucille's...one of our favorite places (it was even where we had our rehearsal dinner for the wedding). There is actually a particular story that is the prime reason to our visit on this day. Back before the wedding rehearsal dinner, we had picked out a menu along with our reservation so that we wouldn't have to wait forever for either a table or for food to arrive. Low and behold, what happened? Yep, we get there and we had to wait about 20 minutes for our table, then once we were seated, there were menu's sitting out on the tables. Jarrod and I were a bit confused by this since we had already selected a menu previously. About 15 minutes later drinks were brought out to our party of 25 and the servers started asking us if we wanted any appetizers. This was a signal to us that something was wrong, as we had chosen appetizers in our pre-selections. So we mention to one of the servers that we had a menu all selected and that it included apps. Needless to say, none of the managers or hosts had ever notified the servers about the pre-order. So, it took about 45 minutes on a Thursday night to get our appetizers and we ended up being there for quite a long time.

Anyways, I had emailed corporate through their website to let them know of our experience (back in November 2010), and I just got a call about 2 weeks ago from the manager. He was calling to apologize one for the lateness in replying and two for the experience he had. He then proceeded to invite us back to their restaurant location and that there would be $50.00 available for us to use on our visit. So far every visit that we have had at the Tustin, CA Lucille's has not been good (including this previous one). The service is lacking and inattentive and for whatever reason, this particular location always has extremely fatty brisket.

Essentially we were all extremely full from Lucilles, and didn't eat dinner Saturday night.

Sunday, we went to church and then Red Robin (which ended up being a huge disappointment). We use to go to Red Robin all the time, but haven't been in a while...and now we remember why!

Sunday night dinner for me ended up just being a simple microwaved baked potato (I know extremely lazy!). I actually really did want a baked potato, however after eating it I soon realized that I should have taken the time to actually bake it and put some effort into it. It just was unsatisfying, but filling.

Monday I actually did cook! I finally cooked that Tri-Tip that my husband prepared (discussed in previous post). So, I don't know if you would count this as "cooking", since all I did was use our trusty BBQ grill and cook up the yummy tri-tip. I also cooked up a box of KRAFT mac n cheese to go with it.

Tonight...left over night ;-)

I do need to figure out something for tomorrow night...but I am really on a cooking block (no pun intended).

No comments:

Post a Comment