Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Follow up to the "Back to Basics" Post


So I figured out an AMAZING "fix" to the salty fried chicken! It all started with a craving...I really wanted to have a Monte Cristo Sandwich. However, I didn't want to pay $13.00 for one from a restaurant that I've never been to. I also didn't want to go to the grocery store to buy meats just for one sandwich (I know my husband wouldn't eat a Monte Cristo). I also thought of making the sandwich on a waffle, similar to how Belgian Waffle Works does. However, once again I would be making a lot of waffles for no one to eat...even if I only made a 1/4 of the waffle recipe.

Needless to say, this thought track started me on the waffle kick! Then I had it...Chicken & Waffles! The salty chicken would balance out well with the syrup. I considered making waffles from scratch...since the recipe is pretty basic. However, I still had the problem of there being too many waffles if I made them

What pray tell do I do? Well, I remembered that we had some of those frozen eggo type waffles...yes I know not quite as glamorous as fresh fluffy waffles, but since I wasn't in the mood to cook and I didn't want a mountain of waffles around the house...I toasted up some eggo waffles, heated up some of the salty fried chicken and lathered on the butter and syrup!

It was really good for a quickie meal and I will definitely keep it in mind for the future!



On a side note...I have to remember to make a monte cristo sandwich after either Thanksgiving or Christmas when we have fresh turkey and ham!

No comments:

Post a Comment