Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Twist To A Classic - Part II


So, I made the lower calorie Chicken Divan that I had written about yesterday! It definitely took longer than I was anticipating, and I think there may be some quicker ways to do some of the steps, but I don't really know how at this point.

All-in-all, it was good! I felt it was a little bland (which probably helps with the lower calories), so in the end I ended up adding a little bit more salt and pepper, and topping it off with some Parmesan cheese. Also, instead of using overpriced Gruyere which the recipe called for...I ended up going with mozzarella!



For the side, I went simple and healthy! I steamed up some baby carrots and put a little bit of sea salt on them. And to top off my meal...I had a SkinnyGirl Margharita! While these margharita's are more tart than most, they are still very yummy and at only 100 calories for 4oz, where can you go wrong?

So, naturally after eating pretty much a "healthy" dinner, what do I do? Yep, I eat half of a Banana Caramel Crumb cupcake from The Perfect Circle Cupcakery! I've been wanting to try this lil shop in Old Town Orange for a while now...ever since I found out about them on Cupcake Wars! Let me say, it's difficult to only eat half! There was so much flavor and sophistication in this little cupcake!

No comments:

Post a Comment