Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Twist To A Classic


So, for some strange reason I have been kind of craving Chicken Divan. I don't really know why, but I really haven't wanted to make it simply because the classic recipe is pretty fattening with all the butter and milk in the sauce. Plus depending on which version of the recipe you use, there can be even more calories added to give it that something "extra".



Oddly enough, I clicked on the FoodNetwork website today (which I actually don't go to too often). And what was on the homepage, but some links for "Favorite Healthy Meals"! Even more surprising, the first recipe in the "50+ Dinners" was for Stuffed Chicken Divan with a Sherry Dijon Sauce. From the looks of the recipe, it seems pretty easy and the ingredients are items that are typically around the house (which is always a plus in my eyes!).

So, tomorrow guess what I'm making? Yep, Stuffed Chicken Divan with a side of baby carrots. I think that sounds pretty healthy and appetizing!

On top of this, I have been inspired to dust off my KitchenAid and put it to some use. So, I will be searching for recipes that I can use it for...and I'm hoping the recipe is not something high calorie and/or overly sweet! So...that is TBD!

No comments:

Post a Comment