Monday, April 4, 2011

Oven Baked BBQ Ribs


Well, Baby Back Ribs were on sale at Stater Brothers this week, so naturally I bought some! I know there are several ways to cook baby back ribs. You can grill them, oven bake them or cook them for 8 hours in the crock-pot. For time sake, I opted to bake them in the oven.

Here's what I used:
  • Season Salt
  • Garlic Powder
  • Pepper
  • BBQ Sauce
I cut the membrane (back side) off, then rubbed each side with the seasonings above. I then laid the ribs bone side down on a baking sheet with tin foil. Then I pored one can of Dr. Pepper over all of them, then created a dome cover with more tin foil and put them in a preheated 325 degree oven. I left them in the oven for 2.5 hours.

Lessons learned:
  1. Be sure and Pam Spray the bottom of the baking sheet before putting the tin foil down (the Dr. Pepper sticks to the tin foil!).
  2. Reduce the cook time to 2 hours - I think I had about 5 pounds of ribs (including bone)
After the 2.5 hours, I pulled the ribs out of the oven, removed the dome tin foil and then glazed the ribs with BBQ sauce. I put the ribs back in the oven for about 10-15 minutes.

The sides that I made were mashed potatoes and pan grilled squash with a little bit of garlic powder and olive oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment