Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sometimes You Need to Recharge!

Well, we had a fairly busy weekend with a lot of family time stretched out from Thursday to today. As always, it is wonderful to spend time with friends and family, however sometimes all the running around can be a bit draining. I actually found this weekends' events to be scheduled out just enough to allow for recharging in between! Of course, all the gatherings include LOTS of food! Since it's all so yummy, you naturally have to try some of everything too (just to make sure that it's safe for everyone else).

I had fully planned to go to the gym this afternoon/evening to try and burn off some of the calories taken in today (we had gone to the gym yesterday, so I was pretty content with that). However, I finally came to accept the idea that everyone should have a day to recharge. So, instead I relaxed with my husband and when he went to bed (since he works tonight), I decided to allow myself a little nap as well.

When I first woke up from my nap, I felt a little frantic like I should be doing a list of other things instead...almost as though it was wrong for me to enjoy some down time and just do nothing. Normally, this would encourage me to start working on something or going and taking care of some errands. However, instead I've decided to just prepare and make dinner and then call it a night.

I think we all need some "down time", and most importantly to allow ourselves this down time without feeling guilty. We run around all week with our to-do checklist, sometimes getting so worn down with the necessities that we forget to put time aside for ourselves and most importantly time aside for God. I'm just as bad about this as the next person, but I am realizing more and more that I actually "need" it more than anything. We seem to need the relaxation; physically, mentally and most importantly we need it spiritually.

So I will enjoy my quiet time in peace and most of all am thankful to God for allowing me this time.

Exodus 20:8-10 (NIV)

8 “Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, yes, and yes! Totally am with ya there on recharcging with prayer and reading. If i don't do it, it shows! My day is all out of sorts. I need it, I rely on it. Thx for reminding me to stay faithful to that. :)

    Hope you have a good one!!

    ReplyDelete