Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Moving On

Well, it's been awhile since my last blog and there are several "excuses" tied to that, but to anyone who reads this they are truthfully just excuses. What it has boiled down to though, is the fact that I'm changing directions with this blog in both the literal meaning as well as just my overall life choices...it's time for a new breeze!

So, which direction is the blog going? Well I guess whichever way I feel like taking it. It won't be a cooking blog (per se) I'm sure I'll have the occasional blog about a cooking melt-down or a new recipe that both Jarrod and I actually enjoyed. However, I think I'm going to start tracking the positives in my life!

Too often we let ourselves get bogged down with the stresses, the day-to-day grind, our own personal jealousies, our own self-doubts, and many times we allow other peoples' negativity to interfere in our happiness. If we let all that "junk" take over, then it's difficult to see what a blessing God has given us!

So, I have decided, instead of allowing these negatives to take over me; and instead of finding ways to attack back...I'm going to realign my walk with God and remember that he has a purpose for me here. As much as it is going to drive me insane, I am going to forgive those that have hurt and used me (this one will take some time and prayer), and I believe the hardest hurdle ahead of me is letting go of trying to understand why people do the things they do.

Fortunately, for me I have a wonderful husband, supportive and loving mother and the best little sis in the world; who are always there for me and who love me no matter what.

With that, I will close with a bible passage that is more for myself than anyone else, because I have been just as bad at doing this as so many others:

Matthew 7:3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye."

Goodnight & God Bless

2 comments:

  1. Amazing! I dunno what to say, except that I am so super excited for this... YAYAYAYAY! lol

    You are a great writer, keep going. Don't give up.
    I will always be here as your cheerleader Erin, don't forget that!

    PS - So glad we made contact!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christine! Once again you actually inspired me :-) I've had a lot of negative surrounding me lately, and it took reading your blog for me to step back and realize that I have a wonderful and blessed life and I have so much to give to those who need/want it!

    ReplyDelete