Monday, September 5, 2011

To Celebrate or Not?

It seems like every year that I get older, the less I feel like celebrating my own birthday. I haven't quite decided if it's because of the fact that I'm getting older, or if it's the fact that I don't want people to make a big fuss over me. I mean it's not like I'm 6 and have been waiting ever so anxiously for my big birthday party.

It seems like when you become an adult all the holidays and birthdays take on new meanings. Personally, I don't feel the need to ask people to take time out of their busy schedules just to focus on me and my birthday. Once again, this year was no exception. I had no interest in celebrating my birthday (or cleaning before and after) and was very content with our little weekend get-away at the end of the month! However, my husband wasn't having it. So, I put aside the thoughts about the amount of cleaning and work it takes to put on even the simplest parties and decided to give in. The reason, you might ask...well truthfully to bring a little joy to my hubby! I know how much he enjoys celebrating those he loves, and I love him too much to deny him that joy!

Of course now that the invitation has been sent, I notice that I'm "getting into it"! Although we are keeping the food simple, I'm brainstorming and trying to come up with ideas of what to do to decorate or activities for the kids to enjoy. There aren't a whole lot of little ones in our families at the present time, but I still feel bad that the few that are around don't really have anything to look forward to when coming over to our place. So I am trying to figure out something for them...other than throwing on the 1-2 PS3 games that we have.

Anyways, this is a short post...but something that is on my mind nonetheless!

1 comment:

  1. YAY for parties!! Love it! For the kids - just get some coloring books or something they could paint is always fun. Crafts are always such a big hit at my house... or dance party. Turn up the music real loud.. its cheap and entertaining to watch

    ReplyDelete